Headteacher: Mrs S James
Monk Street Derby DE22 3QB
Tel: 01332 347595
5th April 2016
Our topic this half-term is: What can I hear, see and smell? (exploring the great outdoors)
This half-term we will be will be continuing our growing project. We will be planting seeds and flowers in the FS garden and the school garden and caring for the plants and watching them grow. The children will be using their senses outside to explore their surroundings.
During the week beginning 3rd May we will be working outside on different Forest School activities based around The Bear Hunt book. We will also be celebrating St George’s Day.(23rd April)
Ways to help your child:
- Talk to your child about their day at nursery/school.
- Talk about and praise all the things that they can do.
- Listen to the different sounds you can hear on the way to school.
- Talk about different places you may visit e.g. the shops, the park.
- Look for mini-beasts in your garden or the park.
- Talk about the different plants and flowers growing in the park or gardens.
- Plant some seeds at home e.g. cress seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Sing the songs and rhymes on the back of this sheet with your child. The children will be singing them at school this half-term.
If you have any questions please ask a member of staff.
Mrs Padda, Mrs Murphy, Mrs Swaby Mrs Swords
Early Years Teachers