Provision and Support: What can Becket offer?
Quality First Teaching
- All pupils can access quality first teaching
- Specific speech and communication strategies as outlined in the Becket Top 10 teaching strategies implemented by all teaching staff in all classes
- Additional teaching strategies may be implemented as the teacher’s knowledge of your child’s need becomes more detailed
- Visual aids such as timetables (class and individual), signs, symbols, gestures, cues to support key vocabulary, concepts and instructions
- Access to additional in-class Teaching Assistant support
- Each term, your child will have a pupil progress meeting with their class teacher in which they can discuss their progress, their difficulties and agree new targets
- Access to assessment for identification of a special need
- During the autumn term in Reception, all children are screened using the Language Link Profile. This is an assessment which helps identify children who may have a delay in their language development and provides programmes of support
- A further Language Link assessment is undertaken in the summer term to assess progress of those children who accessed support programmes. Further assessments can be undertaken in Year 1 if necessary.