How will my child be able to share their views?
We value and celebrate each child being able to express their views on all aspects of school life. This is usually carried out through regular meetings of the School Council.
Additional ways in which your child can make their views known include:
- Discussions with their class teacher and/or Support Staff, particularly in their progress meetings
- Opportunities to complete questionnaires about aspects of school
- Prior to each Individual Education or Behaviour Plan review, your child has the opportunity to go through their targets with their class teacher and say how they consider they have got on. A choice of two short questionnaires “How am I doing at school?” and “Me and My Learning” gives pupils the opportunity to say more about how things are in school for them, what is working, what is not working, what they consider their needs to be and how they consider staff can best support them
- When undertaking more detailed assessment of children to understand their needs and barriers to learning, the SENCo will spend some time talking and working with your child and find out their views, their hopes and aspirations, their worries and what helps them be a successful learner
- If your child has a Statement/EHC Plan they will be involved in reviewing their progress and what help and support they would like to see put in place