Support for targeted groups of pupils may include…
- Medical Care Plans
- Access to special dietary provision e.g. coeliac, diabetes
- More detailed assessment and identification of a child’s needs
- Involvement of the SENCO to help determine the most appropriate support/intervention programme and/or if your child has not made the progress expected and a SEND is looking increasingly likely
- Additional TA support in class and/or at break times
- External agency advice where needed e.g. Local Authority services such as STePS (Specialist Teachers and Educational Psychology Services) which includes sensory support services such as hearing and visual impairment specialist teachers, physical impairment specialist teachers and Health services such as the School Nurse, Community Paediatrician, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists and specialist hospital based medical teams.